Call for Applications and Nominations to Serve on ASHG Committees
For terms beginning January 1, 2025
Applications for committee service in 2025 are OPEN and will close on March 12, 2024 at 11:59 pm ET. Nominees will be notified of their application’s status in late summer.
Candidate Review Process
After the submission deadline, the ASHG Nominating Committee reviews all the nominations with extensive input from committee chairs to finalize committee appointments, which are ultimately approved by the ASHG Executive Committee. Nominees will be notified of their application's status in late summer.
ASHG is committed to ensuring that the composition of its committees reflects the diversity of our membership and believes that a diverse leadership structure provides the variety of perspectives and ideas needed to develop high-quality programs.
ASHG strongly encourages applications (self-nominations) in addition to the nomination of colleagues.
Open positions in 2025: (click each link to read descriptions of committee service):
- Awards Committee
- Career Development Committee*
- Digital Learning Committee*
- Finance & Audit Committee
- Government & Public Advocacy Committee
- Membership Engagement Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Professional Practice & Social Implications Committee
- Program Committee *
- This year, ASHG seeks individuals who specialize in cancer; complex traits and polygenic disorders; evolutionary and population genetics; genetic therapies; mendelian phenotypes; omics technologies; statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology.
- Public Education & Awareness Committee*
*Committees with an asterisk have both trainee and regular member positions available. Committees with no asterisk do not have open trainee positions this year.
What’s on the application/nomination form?
- You may begin the application form, save and exit, and complete the form any time before the March deadline.
- You will be asked:
- Basic candidate information: name; email; institution; professional area of expertise
- Open response questions: your interest in serving; relevant experience
- Open response question(s) specific to the committee for which you are applying
- Copy of curriculum vitae (CV) or NIH biosketch
- Trainee applicants must submit reference details [i.e., name, institution, and email] with contact information, including name and email. See the brief recommendation form that the reference will be sent.
- Current ASHG membership (both applicants and nominators)
- Leadership and volunteer experience on boards and committees a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of ASHG’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Please see the description of each committee linked above for committee-specific qualifications
You must log in to your ASHG Portal account to access the submission form. This is the same login if you have recently joined/renewed as an ASHG member. If you forgot your password, reset your ASHG Portal password. Upon login, you will be asked to give the nomination system permission to access your ASHG account information.
For questions about the ASHG application and nominations process, contact Amanda Fulk, Associate Director of Governance and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.