Log in to the ASHG Portal to submit or view your submission.
ASHG-NHGRI Post-Baccalaureate Genomics Analyst Fellowship
Applications for the 2024-2026 fellowship are open through November 30th, 2023.
The Post-Baccalaureate Genomics Analyst Fellowship program is for recent undergraduates to gain exposure to and training in multiple career paths that advance public service for human genetics and genomics. Training will focus on services for the public benefit, especially those provided by governmental and nonprofit organizations. This may include scientific program and grants management, public policy and advocacy, public education and engagement, science communications, nonprofit management, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and other workforce development initiatives. It is an ideal position for applicants seeking a two-year appointment prior to enrolling in graduate or professional school.
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
Start Date: July 1, 2024
Location: Bethesda, MD (NHGRI) or Rockville, MD (ASHG)
Compensation and Benefits: Annual $44,500 salary plus benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement plan matching; and a training/travel allowance.
Applicants for this fellowship must meet all the criteria below.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in a biological science or a closely related field less than three years prior to the date they begin the program. (Current undergraduates may apply if they expect to complete their degree prior to the start of the Fellowship.)
- Have a demonstrated interest and/or experience in genetics or genomics, molecular biology, and/or computational genomics or data science.
- Be eligible to work in the United States as visa sponsorship is not available.
Employment offers will be contingent upon a satisfactory federal background check.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An ASHG Portal login is required to access the Post-Baccalaureate Genomics Analyst Fellowship site. This is the login used to join the Society or renew membership. If you do not have a ASHG Portal login, you may create a new account after clicking on "Submit an Application" below and selecting the appropriate option. Upon login, you will be asked to give the submission system permission to access your ASHG account information.
ASHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including for disability and veteran status. All eligible applicants may apply. The Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community of human genetics and genomics professionals, welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, and strongly encourages individuals to apply who:
- are from racial and ethnic groups that are underrepresented in the genetics and genomics fields;
- have a disability;
- are/were Pell Grant-eligible in college;
- are/were enrolled in Tribal Colleges and Universities, community colleges, Hispanic-serving institutions, or Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs);
- identify as LGBTQ+;
- were disadvantaged by life circumstances that have negatively impacted their educational opportunities; and/or
- have a demonstrated commitment to inclusion and support for a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.